The Toronto housing market is very hot. If a home is priced correctly and marketed well, it will sell. The real question is how fast and at what price? Will staging help you sell your condo? The answer is a definite yes.
I can’t stress enough the critical importance of a good first impression to create a positive perception of your condo in the mind of a prospective home buyer.
Suites that look good, and that are priced right will sell sooner for more money.
A professional Home Staging company will ensure that your condo looks the best it can to make that critical good first impression.
Here are some pointers about staging:
- Quite simply, you want your condo to stand out in a crowd.
- Put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer. Given about the same location and asking price, if Condo X is clutter-free, clean, updated and nicely decorated, and Condo Y down the street isn’t any of the three, which condo do you think has a better chance of selling? It might come down to a simple gut feeling on the part of the buyers.
- I am a fan of Home Staging to get a property looking great, but it involves cost and may not be for everyone or for every property.
- Home Staging is like anything in life: you get what you pay for.
- For condo owners who don’t have the time or inclination to get their property in top shape for sale, an investment in Home Staging can make a property look perfect in a very short period of time (usually within a few days of the Staging contract being signed.)
- A great looking property will stand out and sell for more money sooner than comparable condos.
- Vacant condos take longer to sell. Many people think that an empty room lets potential buyers see what the room could look like, but empty rooms actually make the space look smaller. Staging an empty condo will buyers to envision how to use the space in the condo.
- A Home Staging company can also take a furnished suite and make it “pop”, and this includes suites that are presently lived in.
Do you have the money available to pay for the staging? Does your Realtor think staging is necessary? How much competition from other condos is there? Is the suite in really rough shape? Are the furnishings dated and in bad condition and will they hold an otherwise great property back?
Asking these sorts of questions will simplify the decision to stage a condo for sale.
At Home Leader, we pride ourselves in being specialists in resale and pre-construction condos for the past two decades. We are committed to get you top dollar. Use our services and we guarantee you’ll like the result and you will join the pool of our happy clients.